The British Museum holds in trust for the nation and the world a collection of art and antiquities from ancient and living cultures.
Housed in one of Britain's architectural landmarks, the collection is one of the finest in existence, spanning two million years of human history.
Access to the collections is free.
+44 (0)20 7323 8299
Great Russell Street
Museum opening hours: Saturday - Wednesday 10.00-17.30 Thursday - Friday 10.00-20.30 Great Court Opening Hours: Sunday - Wednesday 09.00-18.00 Thursday - Saturday 09.00-23.00 Reading Room Opening Hours: Saturday - Wednesday, Friday - 10.00-17.30 Thursday 10.00-20.30
Closed: 1 January, Good Friday and 24-26 December every year.
Admission Free (except for special exhibitions)
- Education facilities available
- Facilities for private functions and events
- Mail order service available
- Meeting room available
- Toilets for disabled
- Wheelchair access to all public areas
- Brochure or leaflet available with directions to museum
- Events and resources for children and families
- Events/teaching/resources for people with disabilities
- General guide to collections available
- Object identification and/or written enquiry service
- Pre-booking service for groups
- Primary school education service available
- Secondary school education service available