1. The Museum of London endeavours to protect your privacy.
2. Any personal data collected by Museum of London is evaluated periodically to determine whether it it is current and still needs to be held. Subject to any legal retention requirements, you may notify Museum of London if you do not wish your data to be held by Museum of London. You may also request details of your personal data held by the Museum of London.
3. For guidance on submitting individual requests for information, go to our Freedom of Information page.
4. Museum of London does not intentionally export user data outside the European Union and holds only the information that you supply to us, along with details of the activities you have undertaken with Museum of London and any mailings that have been sent to you.
5. Museum of London may provide aggregate statistics about web site usage and related site information on the website and also provide statistics to Central Government, Government agencies and other public bodies, but these will not include any personally identifying information. Please note in particular that statistical records are maintained of pages visited by Users whether or not they have registered.
6. Museum of London may monitor user traffic on an aggregate basis in order to help it develop and improve the website for the benefit of all Users.
7. You are advised that the Internet is not a secure medium. Museum of London will use reasonable endeavours to keep your information confidential. Internal procedures cover the storage access and disclosure of your information. Museum of London will not sell or pass your information on to any third parties without first obtaining your consent.
8. Museum of London may disclose personal information if required to do so by Law or in good faith believes it is required to do so by any order of the Courts or other competent body or agency or may do so to protect or defend the rights or property of Museum of London or to protect the personal safety of Museum of London's employees or the public at large.
9. Museum of London website has links to other websites which will have different privacy, trading and use policies and conditions and you should familiarise yourself with the same.
10. Museum of London uses all reasonable endeavours to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the following principles:
(1) Personal data should be processed fairly and lawfully. This means that individuals should not be deceived or misled into supplying information.
(2) Data should only be obtained for a specified purpose and should not be used for any other purpose.
(3) Personal data should be adequate relevant and not excessive in relation to its purpose.
(4) Personal data should be accurate and up to date where necessary.
(5) Personal data should not be kept longer than is needed for its intended purpose.
(6) Personal data should be processed in accordance with the rights of the individual which the information concerns.
(7) Appropriate measures should be taken against unlawful processing or destruction of records. Computer systems should have back up facilities and security provisions.
(8) Personal data should not be transferred outside the European Economic Area (the EU states plus Lichtenstein, Iceland and Norway).
See Museum of London's "Freedom of information page" which provides Users with guidance about their rights of access to information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and Data Protection Act 1998.
For more information on the Data Protection Act 1998, you can call (UK) 01625 545 700.
11. A cookie is a small file which stores information that a website puts on your hard disk so that it can remember something about you at a later time. Typically, a cookie records your preferences when using a particular site.
Cookies are only used in the sections of the website where you need to log in, e.g. online purchases and they are only stored for the duration of your visit. You will require cookies to be enabled on your browser to allow you to use this section of the website.
This is an extract from the Museum of London's full policy as applicable to Untold London website.